Fender manufacturing

I continued with the fenders and managed to install them on port side as well
It seems pretty straight forward to install these but actually I find them a bit tricky.
So underneath a few pictures of the procedure which I found useful for myself.
I started with cutting all the needed strips in between the handrail & rubbing strakes
Then I glued the top strip in place with CA Glue.


























And I used this as the guideline to position/glue the strips individually in place and making sure to ollow the curve of the hull in the process.


























There’s quite a curve in the lower part of the fenders and to avoid too much trouble I decided to cut/glued a piece of scrap wood in place to follow this curve .


























The shaping progress.


























And here’s the final “waxed” result.



No comments:

Post a Comment